DARC Digital Symposium
The DARC March TechLab Event (3/16/13), will be held on Saturday, March 16th, starting at 9 AM. This will be a Digital Symposium on VHF/UHF Radio. The Symposium will be on:
· Winlink with the overview including RMS Express and Winmor,
· Fldigi – an overview of the Fldigi Software Suite presented by Guy Story KC5GOI,
· Implementing NBEMS over VHF/UHF-FM in the Dallas area is be presented by Doug Kilgore KD5OUG and Paul Newman KA5TYW
· Interoperability between Winlink and NBEMS.
This will be a hands-on workshop, so bring your laptop (must have microphone and speakers) and HT.
Meet and Greet starts at 9 AM. Symposium begins at 9:30 AM. We will break for lunch from 12 – 1.
The Symposium will be held at Brookhaven College in Building X, Lecture Hall Room X1091. This is the same building where we hold our Board and General Meetings.
DARC LabTech Event
Saturday, March 16, 2013
9 AM ~ 3 PM
3939 Valley View Lane
Lecture Hall – Building X, Room X1091
(There is plenty of room, no RSVP required)
09:00 – 09:30 Meet and Greet
09:30 – 12:00 Symposium
12:00 – 01:00 Lunch
01:00 – 03:00 Symposium
Winlink - over view including RMS Express and Winmor
Fldigi - Overview of the Fldigi Software Suite
What is Fldigi?
Fldigi is a computer program intended for Amateur Radio Digital Modes operation using a PC (Personal Computer). Fldigi operates (as does most similar software) in conjunction with a conventional HF SSB radio transceiver, VHF and uses the PC sound card as the main means of input from the radio, and output to the radio. These are audio-frequency signals. The software also controls the radio by means of another connection, typically a serial port.
Fldigi is multi-mode, which means that it is able to operate many popular digital modes without switching programs, so you only have one program to learn. Fldigi includes all the popular modes, such as DominoEX, MFSK16, PSK31, and RTTY.
Unusually, Fldigi is available for multiple computer operating systems; FreeBSD™; Linux™, OS X™ and Windows™.
Presented by:Guy Story KC5GOI
Implementing NBEMS over VHF/UHF-FM in Dallas Area
Presented by: Doug Kilgore KD5OUG and Paul Newman KA5TYW
---- This is a hands-on Workshop ----
---- Bring your laptop (must have microphone and speakers) and HT ----
· Install Fldigi suite and configure for Narrow Band Emergency Messaging System
· Adjust sound levels
· Create and Edit Macros
· Use Flmsg to create and send
· Form ICS-213
· CSV Spreadsheet and Text messages
· Practice sending and receiving messages via hardwire and acoustic coupling
· Demonstrate sending messages, images and files using Flarq
Interoperability between Winlink and NBEMS
For more information: Contact: Bill Krueger at